Its great to know that what your eating has only what you put in it, no preservatives no artificial colours and so on. These can also be made with beetroot or kale.
- 3 Cups White All Wheat (All Purpose) Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- One bag and a little more of baby spinach if you have it. Makes 1/2 Cup of Baby Spinach wilted.
- 1 heaped teaspoon of pink salt or regular sea salt
- 5 tablespoons (75ml) Coconut Oil
- 2/3 to 1 Cup of Water
First thing we need to do is simply cook down the spinach, put a whole bag of baby spinach into a pot with the lid on, over a medium heat until it wilts completely. This should only take about 3 minutes. Remove the baby spinach into a collander/strainer and wash under cold water until you can pick it up without burning yourself. Then in small batches squeeze as much of the water out of the spinach as possible.
- Put the spinach into a food processor, pulse it a few times and then add the flour, baking powder and salt. Blend thoroughly scraping the sides of the food processor a time or two.
- Add the coconut oil and blent a little more.
- Now with the food processor running, slowly pour in the water until you get one big glob of dough. It should be a big cohesive ball.
- Remove the dough and knead it for another 30 seconds or so, if its too sticky add more flour.
- Now break the dough up into 8 equal part. If you have a scale it’s easy to weight the whole thing and then get nice even individual weights. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Lastly heat up a large saucepan over medium heat, get it nice and hot. Then squash one ball at a time with the palm of your hand and using a rolling pin roll out each ball until it is nice and thin. You want to end up with something that is about the same size as a commercial wrap (roughly 10 inches). now cook each one at a time for about 20-30 second each side until it bubbles up and is slightly brown. Stack them ontop of eachother on a plate, cover it with a moist towel and let cool before putting into and airtight bag and putting in the fridge.
These will keep in the fridge for about 3 days, any longer and your better off putting them into the freezer. If there a little dry when you go to eat them 15 seconds in the microwave will fix them right up.